Labour MP for Brent Central
- House of Commons, Houses of Parliament, London, UK View on Google Maps
- Constituency: 07593 625 787 II Parliament: 020 7219 8591
The way in which I am able to take on casework and policy issues is due to change after new Data Protection laws, called GDPR, come in to effect on 25th May 2018.
I will require explicit consent on exactly how I handle and with whom (i.e. Brent Council, Home Office, The Police etc). As this needs to be explicitly proven my office will be unable to take this consent over the phone.
Your rights under GDPR
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information and the opportunity to choose how it is used. You can:
- Obtain copies of the personal information I hold about you (known as a “subject access request”)
- Request that I correct or update any personal information held about you
- Ask that we erase or restrict the way in which I use your information
- Request that personal information you have given your consent for me to use is provided in an electronic format so it can be transferred to another data controller (also known as “data portability”)
You may opt out of receiving further communications form me in any medium at any time. All requests to unsubscribe are dealt with promptly, and in all cases within a week.
If you wish to exercise your rights in respect of your personal data or have any concerns about how your data is used, please contact my Data Protection Officer:
House of Commons, Westminster, SW1A 0AA
0207 219 8591