Cost of Living Crisis
We have been failed at every corner by this Conservative Government. Whilst they handed out billions in contracts to their mates during the pandemic, they are now, in their time of need, leaving the poorest in society with little to no support.
Food and energy costs are skyrocketing, rents across the borough spiral, and all whilst wages stagnate. I have been contacted by many households struggling, with some now facing the choice between heating and eating.
I have set up this page to list different support available both locally and nationally to help those in need of support and advice, whether it be debt advice or housing support. Please also sign up below to be kept up to date with developments and campaigns.
Keep me updated on the Cost of Living Crisis
Citizens Advice Brent
Debt Free London – 0800 808 5873
Call the number to be referred to Citizens Advice Brent debt advisors.
- Complete an income and expenditure form to understand and plan finances
- Look for ways to increase income and reduce outgoings
- Explain debt options the impact they will have.
- Help to put in place a suitable debt solution including negotiating with creditors an affordable repayment plan, write off, etc.
- As a last resort, help to apply for an insolvency option (e.g., Debt Relief Order, bankruptcy) to become debt free and gain a fresh start.
Brent Food Banks
Sufra Food Bank and Kitchen
Free national debt advice services
Phone advice, webchat, online service.
NATIONAL DEBT LINE
Anonymous private web chat about money problems and debts.
Good for doing benefit check anonymously.
MaPS (money & pensions service)
Free independent money advice
BRENT ADVICE MATTERS
Click through options guiding client to specific routes for types of debt.
Or Fill in this online form to be referred to local CAB debt advisor.
BRENT COUNCIL RESIDENT SUPPORT FUND