Coronavirus header
Coronavirus header

Over the coming days and weeks, the way my office operates as well as services that run across the country will be subject  to change.

I have set this page up so that I can keep my constituents up to date with all the latest developments.

My Office

Although we have had to cancel face to face surgery appointments our offices are still running. All constituency and parliament operations will continue to operate but under different procedures.

To open new casework with me please visit this page and follow the steps lined out.

The office emails, (casework queries) and (policy, parliament and invitations), and telephones are still operational. Please contact the following numbers for the separate offices:

Constituency – 07593 625 787

Parliament – 0207 219 8591

However, I have also set up a contact form, at the bottom of this page, as another way constituents can get in touch with me and my office during this period. Please use this if you would prefer to contact me this way.

Health Advice
Health Advice

For the latest up to date advice please visit the NHS website here:

Stay at home and self isolate if you have either:

  • a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)

How long to stay at home

  • if you have symptoms of coronavirus, you’ll need to stay at home for 7 days
  • if you live with someone who has symptoms, you’ll need to stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person in the home started having symptoms

For health advice sheets in different languages (Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Dari, English, Farsi, French, Hindi, Kurdish, Malayalam, Mandarin, Pashto, Portuguese, Somali, Spanish, Tigrinya, Turkish, Urdu and Vietnamese), please click here:

Brent Updates
Brent Updates

Brent Council

Latest updates here 

Brent Council is currently keeping the Civic Centre and other council buildings open as residents still need to access vital services. Brent Council has closed all libraries and postponed several events in the coming months in response to the pandemic.

Business in Brent

If you are a business in Brent please take a look at the Brent Business Grant website. Applications for grant’s for businesses are now open:

We understand that there are many different communities in Brent and we want to work with as many of you as possible, so if you’re a local community group and think you can help, please contact 020 8937 1234 or email

Brent Business Impact Survey

The purpose of this survey is to understand how Brent businesses are coping at this difficult time and to help us gauge the issues that are arising. Please do fill in the form if you have the chance to:

West London Business Coronavirus Helpline

West London Business have launched a dedicated webpage and helpline to help businesses affected by the pandemic 020 8607 2500

Worried about someone?

If you or someone you know does not have the support of family, friends or the wider community, Brent Council has set up a Wellbeing Duty phone line to make sure the most vulnerable people get the support they need. If you are worried about a vulnerable person and don’t think they have existing support, you can call the helpline on 020 8937 6589 between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week.

Find out more at:

Children at risk – Call the Brent Family Front Door – 020 8937 4300

Domestic Abuse – Call Advance 07398 454 898 – In an emergency call 999

Emergency Childcare – For vulnerable children and key workers – call 020 8937 3010

Emergency Food Support – call 020 8937 6792

Housing – If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness call 020 8937 2000 or if you are a private tenants and are being threatened with eviction call 020 787 8414

Person at Risk – If you believe a person is at risk of abuse call the safeguarding team on 020 8937 4098

Brent Food BankCoronavirus update here

Sufra Food BankCoronavirus update here

Deaf residents

RAD delivers a deaf advice service in the borough of Brent and produce these COVID-19 updates for deaf people.

RAD Daily/Weekly Coronavirus Updates–

National Updates
National Updates


If you have a business that has been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic please visit this website where it includes details regarding the Job Retention Scheme, Business Interruption Loan Scheme and much more.

Bounce Back Loan Scheme

The Bounce Back Loan scheme will help small and medium-sized businesses to borrow between £2,000 and £50,000. The government will guarantee 100% of the loan and there won’t be any fees or interest to pay for the first 12 months.

Loan terms will be up to 6 years and applications will open on 4 May 2020.

Furlough Scheme

The Government scheme is now live and you can now apply to claim for 80% of your employee’s wages plus any employer National Insurance and pension contributions, if you have put them on furlough because of coronavirus:

Company Debt Coronavirus support

A single resource on what government support is available.

ACAS – information for advice for employers and employees:

Finance UK

They have provided businesses and consumers with up to date details of the support available on the website below, whether in the form of business loans or assistance with mortgage payments, and where to go for advice.  



The Government have announced a three-month mortgage holiday for homeowners struggling to make repayments due to the effects of coronavirus.

The first step you should take is to contact your lender as not everyone will be eligible for a payment holiday. There should be a fast track approval process in place, so you should receive a quick decision.

This includes if you are a landlord whose tenants are experiencing financial difficulties because of COVID-19. If you are a tenant experiencing financial difficulties because of COVID-19, the government will ensure you do not face the threat of eviction for at least 3 months:

  • the government has agreed with mortgage lenders that they will offer repayment holidays of 3 months to households in financial difficulty due to COVID-19
  • this will also apply to landlords whose tenants are experiencing financial difficulties because of COVID-19
  • the offer of a payment holiday can be made available to any customer that is financially struggling due to Covid-19, including customers that are in arrears
  • customers who are concerned about their current financial situation should contact their lender at the earliest possible opportunity to discuss if this is a suitable option for them
  • emergency legislation will be taken forward so that landlords will not be able to start proceedings to evict tenants for at least a 3 month period. This applies to private and social renters
  • at the end of this period, landlords and tenants will be expected to work together to establish an affordable repayment plan, taking into account tenants’ individual circumstances


Private – The Government has now announced emergency legislation, about to go through the House of Commons, that will mean that landlords won’t be able to start eviction proceedings for at least the next three months, protecting private renters. Further updates will be available soon.

Social housing – Housing associations have confirmed that they will not evict tenants who are affected by the virus and fall behind on rent payments. Further updates will be available soon.


Sick Pay – The Government has announced that all employees will be entitled from Statutory Sick Pay from day 1 of sick leave, this is a current entitlement of £94.25 per week.

If your company refuses to pay Statutory Sick Pay from day 1 of sick leave you can report this directly to DWP via When emailing them please include full details of the case.

Universal Credit – If you have lost your job or are struggling to find work during this period it would be recommended to apply for Universal Credit, this can be done here. Claimants can request an advance universal credit payment to avoid the standard five-week wait, which can be given a few days after applying. But the money has to be paid back later. Further updates will be available soon.

Universal Credit Helpline
0800 328 5644

Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Travel AdviceUpdates found here

If you are stuck in another country currently and attempting to return to the UK we recommend that you get in touch with with the British embassy found here. If you wish to leave the country you are in, contact your airline or travel company and your insurance provider as soon as you are able, and keep up to date with the latest developments.

Seeking assistance from me

I am trying to assist with constituents who are currently stuck abroad. If you would like further assistance please send an email to with the following details:

Full names and ages of your group

  • Your current address abroad
  • Your UK address
  • Details of any members of your group have any particular vulnerabilities or underlying health concerns
  • Any other relevant details

London Transport

Tfl will be operating a reduced service and commuters are being asked to avoid all but essential travel. More details can be found here.


From Friday 20th March schools will close for all except for children of “key workers”. The full “key workers” list as defined by the Department of Education can be found here.

Other Helplines

Domestic Abuse

Please visit my dedicated page on support available, both local and national, to people suffering from domestic violence.

Government Business Support Helpline:
0300 456 3565

HMRC Coronavirus Tax Helpline:
0800 015 9559

School Closures Coronavirus Helpline:
0800 046 8687

get in touch
get in touch

Contact Form

  • Max. file size: 5 MB.
Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search